Thursday, December 2, 2010
Tis the Season
|Tequila Shots are Gluten Free!|
|Shrimp, Salami,Cashews & Chocolate covered Almonds! Paleo-buffet heaven :)|
1. Don't go Hungry!!!! have a snack: nuts, fruit, jerky or even a small meal. This will help you steer away from temptation and eat less.
2. Drink Water Before! Weather you plan on drinking or not, staying hydrated is crucial. It can minimize your hangover. Also, many times we confuse thirst with hunger, since we aren't used to listening to our bodys signals. So a big glass of water will also help you avoid eating when your body doesnt need to.
3. Contribute! Offer to bring an appitzer, side or dessert to the event. This allows you control over at least 1 thing there. This way you can eat what you bring and helps out your host or hostess. Tips on what to bring: veggie platter with dip, bacon wrapped water chestnuts, stuffed mushrooms, a friut platter, or dark chocolate covered almonds.
5. Plan! If you plan on consuming alchol, know that it spikes your blood sugar, which causes cravings! So have carrots or another snack ready for if you get home ravenous. Also, many people say grease "cures" a hang over. So have baccon on hand for a hearty morning after breakfast, or in a pinch head to in-n-out burger for a protein style burger with mustard instead of their special sauce.
6. Get Your Party On!! What are parties really about? talking to friends and making new ones! Its pretty hard to eat and talk, so if your picking one, be chatty. Also, if there is a dance floor, get out there and burn off some of those extra tequila calories :)
So remember, its more important to feel great in those party dresses! Let this party season be a time to have fun with your loved ones, not grow your waist line.